September 3, 10, 17 from 11 - 11:45AM with Tina Drew, E-RYT 200.
Due to limited space, we ask that you reserve you spot ahead of time.
Sessions will include breathing exercises, poses while seated in the chair, poses standing with the chair, as well as seated relaxation.
Investment: $35 for all 3 classes
Chair yoga is a gentle form of yoga that is beneficial for people with limited mobility and for those who want to practice yoga at their workplace.
The benefits of practicing chair yoga include:
• Improved flexibility. Flexibility allows us to do the activities we need and love to do, from twisting while driving to bending over to play with children.
• Better concentration. Incorporating breath work with the poses can help clear your brain of unwanted thoughts, improve mood and decrease stress.
• Increased strength. Body strength enables us to withstand falls and injury and helps us with balance.
• Reduced joint strain. Chair yoga reduces the strain on joints and muscles, which allows someone who is unable to stand for traditional yoga an opportunity to practice too.
• Portability and convenience. You can do chair yoga nearly anywhere you can find a place to sit.